10.15.2007 - Andy Summers to hold London Book Signing, Oct 18...
Andy will be at Virgin Megastore, London Piccadilly, on Thursday 18th October, 6pm to sign copies of his new book I'll Be Watching You: Inside the Police 1980-83 (TASCHEN), featuring over 600 photographs personally selected from Andy's archive of 25,000+ negatives, most previously unpublished, many never even printed prior to this project. This will be his only UK signing and will begin at 6 o'clock: please arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Published by TASCHEN in hardback and out now, priced £24.99.
* Rehearsals and recording sessions with band-mates Sting and Stewart Copeland
* Exclusive back-stage and on-stage footage from concerts including Plaza de Toros (Barcelona, 1980), Budokan (Tokyo, 1981), Wembley Stadium (London, 1981), and Shea Stadium (New York, 1983)
* Inside the tour busses, limousines, helicopters, private planes, parties, and hotel rooms
* Behind the scenes on music video shoots, at press conferences, and in-store appearances
* Life on the road with other bands including The Go-Go's, XTC, and The B-52's
* Rain-soaked train windows, trashed hotel rooms, island retreats, over-capacity stadiums, and thousands of screaming, singing, sobbing, fans
Andy's parallel passion for photography has led him to document subjects ranging from rural communities throughout Southeast Asia to timeless noir-style street scenes in cities around the world. His photographs have been shown in galleries in New York, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Paris and London, and his books include Throb (1983), the Ralph Gibson collaboration Light Strings: Impressions of the Guitar (2004), and the memoir One Train Later (2006).
ANDY WILL BE SIGNING COPIES OF 'I'LL BE WATCHING YOU: INSIDE THE POLICE 1980-83' AT VIRGIN LONDON PICCADILLY ON THURSDAY 18TH OCTOBER, 6PM THIS WILL BE HIS ONLY UK SIGNING.